How to get involved?
Become a D&F Mentor or Expert! This is your chance to get involved with exciting young social entrepreneurs from all around the world and support them to change the world.
Our Mentors and Experts are inspired people who support the mission of the D&F Academy to provide experiential learning for the next generation. They share our belief that interpersonal learning is one of the best ways to pass on personal experience and professional expertise and want to offer guidance and encouragement to passionate young people on a pro-bono basis.
Depending on your expertise, availability and location you can get involved in various ways. Much of the mentoring happens online and you can support a Fellow irrespective of your location. If you live nearby one of our Academies, we would also love to welcome you in person as an expert or one-time mentor.
|Are you an expert in a particular field with a couple of hours time?||Share your knowledge in a workshop during a matching project!||1-3 days||
At a D&F Academy
|Let us produce a video in which you can share your knowledge!||A couple of hours||
|Become an issue group Expert for our online learning platform
|Are you experienced in setting up and managing (social) projects, running a campaign, or setting up a charity?||Become a one-time Mentor for a couple of sessions with different Fellows!||1 day||
At a D&F Academy
|Become a personal Mentor if you are interested in giving individual long-term support!
|2-3 hours/ month for about 10 months||Anywhere|
|Do you have experience in a particular region of the world?||Become a regional Expert for our online learning platform
|Do you want to travel and visit a Fellow project?||Support us in our local evaluation efforts while on holidays and meet our Fellows||You decide||Anywhere|
- You have the opportunity to share your personal experience and professional expertise with motivated young people, our Fellows, in a fun and easy way
- You get inspired by their ideas and passion, diverse backgrounds and experiences
- You contribute to local projects that make sense and work to achieve positive change
- You see Fellows’ projects grow over a longer period of time
- You join a growing network of interesting Experts and gain access to the D&F Community through our interactive online platform, the D&F Cloud you benefit from interpersonal exchange and gain long-term positive relations in your life
As an Expert or Mentor at the D&F Academy:
Given the diversity of our Fellows, all workshops and mentoring usually happen in English. All mentoring outside the D&F Academy happens online or via phone. Therefore, your geographical location is not important. Mentors and mentees are matched with respect to their interests and the expertise/experiences that you can share.
Interested? Let us know who you are and what you would like to share and we will be happy to contact you for a personal conversation!